Security Guarding Qualification
A Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry is a pre-requisite for those seeking to work as a security officer in the private security industry (PSI).
Under the terms of the Private Security Industry Act (2001) individuals working in specific sectors of the private security industry must be licensed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA). One criterion for obtaining a licence is the achievement of a licence-linked qualification. The LASER Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry provides full coverage of the competences specified by the SIA and therefore meets its requirements for a licence-linked qualification.
Purpose And Aim Of Qualifications
Pre-requisite for those seeking to work as a security officer in the private security industry.
Who Is It For?
New entrants to the sector without a previous award/qualification conferring full or partial exemption.
Minimum age 16.
Learners must be able to communicate in English (oral and written) and Centres must have procedures in place for establishing the learners’ competence in the use of the English language. Learners should as a minimum have English language skills equivalent to:
• a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
• an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
• an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the
Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
• Functional Skills Level 1 in English
• SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Level 5
• Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1